The Brazilian environmental legislation defines standards for the discharge of industrial and domestic wastewater into the environment, both in water bodies and in the public collection system.
According to Brazilian standard ABNT NBR 9800/1987, industrial wastewaters are “liquid discharges from areas of industrial processing, including those originated from production processes and wash waters from operation areas and other sources that are known to be contaminated with products used or manufactured in an industrial site”.
Our laboratory is certified by the CGCRE, as per the requirements of Brazilian standard ANBT/NBR ISO/IEC 17025. We can conduct chemical analyses for the characterization of wastewater, so as to classify it in terms of its potential risks to the environment and public health, as per the following regulations:
- Decree No. 8468, of Sep/08/1976, article 18 – establishes the conditions for the discharge of wastewater in water bodies;
- Decree No. 8468, of Sep/08/1976, article 19A – establishes the conditions for the discharge of wastewater in public collection systems provided with treatment plants;
- CONAMA Resolution No. 430, of May/13/2011 – establishes conditions, parameters, standards and guidelines for the management of wastewater discharges into water bodies, partially amending Resolution No. 357, of March 17, 2005.
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are an important group of air pollutants. VOCs are commonly found in the atmosphere at ground level in all urban and industrial centers, as a result of human activities and biogenic processes.
Bachema uses gas chromatography with mass spectrometry (GC-MS) to conduct chemical analyses of VOCs in gas emission samples.
Bachema also provides services for gas emission sampling. We use methodologies approved by the General Coordination for Accreditation (CGCRE), as per the requirements of Brazilian standard ABNT NBR ISO/IEC No. 17025, for:
- water and wastewater treatment plants;
- airborne volatiles in industrial environments, using adsorption filter.