Bachema is in full compliance with all current Brazilian regulations. We are proud to offer our clients the most reliable results for soil and sediment analyses. Our analyses support the evaluation of projects for the recovery of impacted sites, environmental monitoring, and processes of divestment and acquisition of properties for future industrial and real estate projects, among others.
The following are some of the primary regulations to be considered for compliance:
- CETESB Board Decision No. 256/2016/E, of Nov/22/2016, which approves the 2016 guiding levels for soil and groundwater in the State of São Paulo.
- Brazilian standard ABNT NBR No. 10004/04, which establishes criteria for the classification of solid wastes in terms of their potential risks to the environment and human health.
All analyses are conducted following international methods and adaptations of standard analytical procedures for soil used by the Bachema Analytische Laboratorien in Switzerland.
We offer a full scope of physico-chemical analyses, including:
- VOC – volatile organic compounds;
- SVOC – semi-volatile organic compounds;
- TPH – total petroleum hydrocarbons;
- PAH – polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons;
- PCB – polychlorinated biphenyls;
- organochlorine and organophosphate pesticides;
- heavy metals;
- salts and anions;
- pH, among others.
Our laboratory is also fully capable to conduct treatability tests (bench- and pilot-scale), as per CETESB’s Board Decision No. DD38 of 2017, which must be followed in projects for the remediation of contaminated sites.