- DAEE Ordinance No. 717, of Dec/12/1996, which regulates water abstraction grants for the right to use water resources, i.e., for well construction – a technical report is be submitted when applying for a permit to drill and operate a well, and it must include physico-chemical and microbiological analyses of the water.
- CONAMA Resolution No. 396, of Apr/03/2008, which provides environmental guidelines for the classification, prevention and control of groundwater pollution. de 03/04/2008: dispõe sobre a classificação e diretrizes ambientais para o enquadramento, prevenção e controle da poluição das águas subterrâneas
- CONAMA Resolution No. 420, of Dec/28/2009, which establishes screening criteria and screening levels for soil and groundwater quality., de 28/12/2009 – dispõe sobre critérios e concentrações de substâncias químicas que fornecem orientação sobre a qualidade e as alterações do solo e da água subterrânea.
- CONAMA Resolution No. 357, of Mar/17/2005, which classifies surface water bodies, provides environmental guidelines for the various classes, and establishes standards for wastewater discharge.
- CONAMA Resolution No. 430, of May/13/2011, which establishes conditions, parameters, standards and guidelines for the management of wastewater discharges into water bodies, de 13/05/2011 – dispõe sobre condições, parâmetros, padrões e diretrizes para a gestão do lançamento de efluentes em corpos de água receptores.
Water intended for human consumption – potability standards
- Consolidation Ordinance MS-GM No. 5 (former Ordinance 2914), which establishes procedures for the quality control and surveillance of water from artesian wells that is intended for human consumption, and provides potability standards.
- Resolution SS No. 65, of Apr/12/2005, which establishes procedures and responsibilities associated with the quality control and surveillance of water for human consumption in the state of São Paulo, in addition to making other provisions.
Groundwater and soil – CETESB
- CETESB Board Decision DD No. 256/2016/E, of Oct/22/2016 – Guiding Levels for Soil and Groundwater in the State of São Paulo.
- Board Decision No. 038/2017/C, of Feb/07/2017/2017/C, de 07/02/2017.
- Law No. 12305, of Aug/02/2010, which institutes the National Policy on Solid Wastes, establishing principles, goals, tools and guidelines for the integrated management of solid wastes (including hazardous wastes), the responsibilities of generators and of the government, and the applicable economic instruments.
- Decree No. 8468, of Sep/08/1976, article 18, which rules the conditions for the discharge of wastewater into water bodies.
- Decree No. 8468, of Sep/08/1976, article 19A, which rules the conditions for the discharge of wastewater into public wastewater collection systems provided with treatment plants.
- CONAMA Resolution No. 430, of May/13/2011, which establishes conditions, parameters, standards and guidelines for the management of wastewater discharges into water bodies, partially amending Resolution No. 357, of March 17, 2005.